Friday, April 1, 2011

I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun

Hey All!

So I am still trying to will spring/summer into existence here in good ol' CANADA...it hasn't been so successful as of yet..I keep waking up with snow on the ground...not cool.

I am pretty excited for this weekend though because its General Conference this weekend and thats pretty exciting! :) Its the 181st Annual conference of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter -day saints. In my house we watch the conference from home on our television. Its also a tradition that we have a chip dip that we refer to as "conference dip" which we only have when there is conference and it is absolutely amazing!! :) It is this amazing dip that has sour cream, cream cheese, shredded cheese, green and black olives, red and green peppers and a bunch of other things that just makes it simply the best chip dip ever!! :)

Anyways other than the amazing food that we partake in during General conference we also get to listen the the prophet Thomas S. Monson and the apostles of the Lord. What is interesting I find about the current prophet President Thomas S. Monson is that he has special ties to Canada having served here as mission president for a while. He also helped with the conversion of my grandparents therefore allowing the rest of my family to be exposed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ :).

Another reason that I am excited for the conference and that my Best Friend Julie has been bothering me to blog about for a while is my new scriptures :) Now to understand why I got new scriptures I think its fitting that you should know a little about my old scriptures and why this is such an event (getting new scriptures that is). My old scriptures were so awesome! :) I had them through Seminary, EFY(Especially for Youth), my trip to the Dominican Republic with AYS(Alliance for youth Services), Youth Leadership Conference, and China. So they were my scriptures all through teenage years. Now that I am 20 though and they are falling apart I finally had to agree that it was time to get new ones. Anyways new scriptures are kinda like starting with a blank canvas and it is super exciting!

Well I need to take off and help my family out with food preparation for conference but I will try to write again soon!

1 comment:

  1. HOORAY FOR BLOG POSTS! :)
    HOORAY FOR BEST FRIENDS! :)
    I'm currently sitting in the bathroom of my resort appartment so that I can be on the internet. And I'm reading your blog - LOVE ME!
    You forgot to mention that I'm going to be at general conference! But I must admit, I'm so sad that I'm missing out on conference dip. SO LEGENDARY!
    I hope you have a great conference weekend full of Jesus and yummy nomnoms!
    Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete